The 103rd American Meteorological Society (AMS) Annual Meeting will be a hybrid meeting hosted in Denver, CO, on 8-12 January 2023.
- Innovative Technological Advances for Mesoscale Observing Systems
- The scope of this session includes weather- and water-related observations from the surface through the troposphere, with emphasis on the PBL, including in-situ surface, profiling, balloon-borne, radar, and airborne and uncrewed systems technologies that hold great potential to advance mesoscale observing systems and techniques.
- This session is a joint session between the 23rd Symposium on Meteorological Observation and Instrumentation (main host), 11th Symposium on Weather, Water, and Climate Enterprise, and the Special Symposium on Boundary Layers and Turbulence.
- WPO Observations program is hosting this session in collaboration with NOAA/NSSL and University of Oklahoma.
- Innovative Tropical Cyclone Observing Systems and Technologies
- The aim of this session is to highlight innovative observing systems and technologies including, but not limited to, airborne, high altitude balloon, and uncrewed systems technologies, specifically for tropical cyclones (TCs).
- This session is a joint session between the 23rd Symposium on Meteorological Observation and Instrumentation (main host) and the Fifth Special Symposium on Tropical Meteorology and Tropical Cyclones.
- WPO Observations program is hosting this session in collaboration with NOAA/AOML/HRD.
The deadline for abstract submissions is Wednesday, August 24, 2022 11:59pm ET.