Program Coordinator [Contractor]
TriVector Services is seeking a Scientist with experience in numerical modeling or operational forecasting of the physical earth system (atmosphere, ocean, land, ice) to support the effort to accelerate interagency improvements in the nation’s earth system modeling capabilities, by coordinating among leadership, scientists, and staff of multiple meteorological agencies to support the NOAA Weather Program Office (WPO).
The incumbent for this position is expected to:
- Provide scientific, technical, and programmatic services to the NOAA program office and coordinate closely with related NUOPC efforts so these projects will effectively develop, plan, implement and track projects, assess and control performance, and manage risk and interdependencies to meet the project goals and objectives throughout project life cycles.
- Provide project management level oversight and scientific guidance in planning and tracking related service, product and system improvements from concept to delivery and from research to operations.
- Develop briefing materials to communicate goals, plans, and progress to agency representatives, leadership, and the broader community.
- Support the design of a cross-agency national multi-model environmental prediction capability. Participate in coordination and review of research and development, implementation, documenting, and supporting advanced techniques for numerical prediction modeling.
- Support the preparation of Strategic Plans, Program Baseline Assessments, Annual Operating Plans (AOP), cost/schedule performance reporting, and schedules for internal meeting coordination.
- Assist in creation of program and project life cycle documents such as requirements documents, program and project plans, and development, test, deployment, and science and implementation plan.
- Monitor and assist evaluation of dedicated high performance computer(s) and projects if needed; track experiments to ensure capacity and storage requirements are maintained.
The position is now closed.