Cherokee Federal is looking for a Logistics Coordinator to support NOAA’s Weather Program Office (WPO). The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of experience related to event planning and administrative support. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with daily administrative functions like calendar management, directory management, etc.
- Oversee office meeting preparations including printing materials, coordinating AV system usage with IT and ensuring conferencing capabilities.
- Create/design event materials including table signs and posters.
- Develop, implement and maintain content for www.WPO.noaa.gov.
- Lead all aspects of meeting planning from site selection, vendor negotiation, event registration, marketing, onsite staffing and post-event reporting.
The NOAA Weather Program Office (WPO) supports world-class weather research to save lives, reduce property damage, and enhance the national economy. In pursuit of its vision and mission, WPO works closely with the National Weather Service (NWS) to help develop and transition weather research, including hurricanes, severe thunderstorms, heavy precipitation, and air pollution.
Additionally, WPO utilizes social science to learn how to deal with the uncertainties weather presents and to inform its engagement and communication with researchers, funders, and the public. Furthermore, WPO selects and funds research that supports and fosters collaborations — within NOAA’s research laboratories and across the weather enterprise (i.e., NOAA, other Federal agencies and entities, state and local governments, academia, and the private sector).
This position is now closed.