EPIC Program Manager
NOAA’s Weather Program Office (WPO) is hiring a Research Physical Scientist, ZP-1301-5 (Direct Hire) for our Earth Prediction Innovation Center (EPIC) program.
As a Research Physical Scientist, you will perform the following duties:
- Plan and execute a robust, efficient research program that coordinates investigation of long range problems, recommends solutions; write scientific papers for publication in oceanography, meteorology, chemistry, physics, and their dynamic interactions, incorporating and synthesizing a variety of physical science theories and techniques.
- Ensure effective, collaborative management of program and interagency/community activities to formulate and guide research on scientific problems which have been recognized as critical obstacles to progress or development in coupled earth system prediction, or where solutions to problems represent a major advance in meteorology, oceanography, hydrology, cryosphere, and land modeling.
- Coordinate Earth Prediction Innovation Center (EPIC) activities with NOAA partners to connect community activities to NOAA’s UFS and its Strategic Implementation Plan. Assist updates to Unified Forecast System (UFS) and UFS/Societal Impacts Program (SIP) to accommodate community advances. Coordinate with transition managers as needed to facilitate incorporation of advances.
- Manage financial resources strategically to ensure long-term infrastructure, partnership, and growth; ensure efficient and effective expenditures of program funds in alignment with leadership priorities and within the law.
- Promulgate information on the EPIC program to NOAA partners, interagency partners and the broader national meteorological enterprise to ensure widest awareness and participation with the community development effort.
This Position is now closed.
For more on the NOAA WPO EPIC program click here.
Updated April 2021