Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs is seeking a Project Coordinator (Contractor) to support the NOAA Weather Program Office (WPO) Earth Prediction Innovation Center (EPIC) Program. The NOAA EPIC Project Coordinator will primarily support EPIC by executing program coordination and working on the NOAA Modeling board. Emphasis is placed on identifying/tracking the interdependent requirements necessary to sustain the NOAA mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the coordination of project milestone efforts on behalf of the EPIC Program.
- Maintains constant collaboration with the Government program manager and project coordinators as well as with project stakeholders to guide deliverables and agreements.
- Demonstrates professional communication skills when coordinating project deliverables across multiple teams with differing interests to include but not limited to:
- Development of meeting notes and presentations; distribution of meeting minutes and actions in a timely manner.
- Schedules meetings with stakeholders and management
- Monitors and completion of relevant action items
- Participates in weekly meetings with the EPIC Program reporting out on weekly progress of coordination efforts both written and verbal.
- Facilitates meetings, conference planning, and/or workshops on behalf of the EPIC Program and will maintain clear communications (i.e. agendas, objectives, goals, and action items) with all stakeholders ahead of, during and following the meeting.
- Recommends consensus-based solutions and develop associated programmatic materials for a wide range of stakeholders, including those at the executive, management and technical levels to include the development of meeting agendas and objectives to reach a common goals and programmatic solutions as well as scheduling and facilitating meetings with stakeholders and management to move EPIC program forward.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Drafts, facilitates review of and publish public-facing communications materials in concert with the EPIC Program. Such materials may include, but are not limited to, program articles and summaries, stakeholder interviews, press releases, graphics, other media content and possible website content updates.
- Coordinates and develops these materials in collaboration with a strategic communications team. All materials developed as a result of public-facing communication materials shall be compiled into the monthly report and become a cumulative compilation by the end of the period of performance.
This position is now closed.